"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them."
How have you been a good friend today?
"Love is more important than anything else. It's what ties everything completely together."
How did God show his love for the world?
How do you show your love for others?
What can you do today to show love to other people?
'God said to human beings, "Fill the earth with people and look after it. Care for all that I have made."'
What is our responsibility to care for God's world?
How can I behave responsibly today?
Who relies on me to act responsibly?
"I am the Lord your God. I am holding your hand, so don't be afraid."
How was Jesus courageous?
What helps people to be courageous?
How have you shown courage today?
"It is better to be honest and poor than dishonest and rich."
Why is it important to be honest?
"Try to earn the respect of others."
Romans 12:17, paraphrase
Who do you respect and why?
What sort of behaviour earns respect?
What do you do to show you respect someone?
Welcome from the Heads of Schools
St Martin’s C of E Schools are high achieving, happy, vibrant and forward thinking schools in which children excel themselves, both academically and socially. Our eager children have a real thirst for learning and our excellent staff are committed and dedicated to ensuring that each and every child achieves. We have high standards and expect the best. Our aim is that the seven years your child/children are with us should be the best years of their educational lives.
We are lucky to benefit from unusually generous surroundings which include a large playing field including a dedicated area for Forest Schools and a superb, well maintained, school building. Our facilities provide a fantastic environment for children's learning to flourish.
However, we feel it is our strong, inclusive Christian ethos that really sets us apart. This is a thoughtful and nurturing place to learn, for every child, whatever their background. The atmosphere is calm, ordered and purposeful – never rigid or over directed - but disciplined, respectful and organised. We have high aspirations for all our pupils and believe that through stretching children, we build their confidence and self-esteem, as well as ensuring high academic attainment.
Whilst the virtual tour and soundbites we have uploaded to this web page will give you a flavour of what makes St. Martin’s great schools, we highly recommend coming to visit us so that you can see us and our children in action.
We look forward to meeting you.
Kate Marchesi and Maggie Down
Welcome, Virtual Tour and Soundbites from Children
Click on the picture of our Heads of Schools to access their welcome.
Click on the stairwell picture below to access our virtual tour.
Click our Values Jigsaw picture below to hear children giving their views of our school.
Parent comments about our Schools:
- I attribute my daughter’s progress to the teachers’ great teaching at St Martin’s School. I would like to express my deepest appreciation to all of you. Thank you very much.
- We are so grateful for all the support and encouragement our son has received in his first year at school. He has made friends, enjoyed so many different experiences and learnt to read and write. He has had a great first year at school. Thank you.
- Reading my son’s report just makes me think how well you have come to know him, thank you for all the support you have given him.
- We are thrilled with our child’s progress. Thank you for all the guidance and support you are providing.
- We would like to thank all teachers for creating an environment in which my child has felt safe and happy and has been able to have such a successful year.
- Thank you so much for all your hard work and care with the children. Such happy kids!
- Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. You totally understand our child who is very happy and secure in your class.