"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them."
How have you been a good friend today?
"Love is more important than anything else. It's what ties everything completely together."
How did God show his love for the world?
How do you show your love for others?
What can you do today to show love to other people?
'God said to human beings, "Fill the earth with people and look after it. Care for all that I have made."'
What is our responsibility to care for God's world?
How can I behave responsibly today?
Who relies on me to act responsibly?
"I am the Lord your God. I am holding your hand, so don't be afraid."
How was Jesus courageous?
What helps people to be courageous?
How have you shown courage today?
"It is better to be honest and poor than dishonest and rich."
Why is it important to be honest?
"Try to earn the respect of others."
Romans 12:17, paraphrase
Who do you respect and why?
What sort of behaviour earns respect?
What do you do to show you respect someone?
Teaching and Learning Principles
- Each child has the right to access the very best learning in a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- We are responsible for providing the guidance, support and expertise necessary for the best learning to take place. We strive to enable our children to be active learners and to ensure, in partnership with parents, their emotional security.
- It is vital that staff have a consistent and shared understanding and approach to promoting learning. It is recognised that staff have different styles, strengths, enthusiasms and approaches – this is valuable and to be celebrated and shared.
- Teamwork underpins our professional roles. Our success depends on how closely we support and energise each other.
- We are on a learning journey, and have much to learn from parents, children, colleagues and other professionals; we also learn much from our mistakes.
- Teaching is sometimes difficult, and there are always barriers to overcome when promoting learning. However, we are right to be ambitious for what can be achieved, and optimistic that learning can always be enhanced for all our children.
And above all we seek to engage, motivate and inspire our learners in order to enable them to:
Strive ✝ Aspire ✝ Succeed
So that every child is a reader, writer, communicator, mathematician, scientist and is also active, creative, spiritual, happy and safe.